My son is in preschool with 6 kids in his class, including him. I wanted to make something special for his friends at school this year for their Valentines party, so I came up with my 6-pack Valentine! I’ll show you here how to make this awesome valentine gift. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A 6-pack of root beer, coke, or cream soda
- Wrapping paper (I got mine in the dollar section at Target)
- Ribbon (Again, mine came from the dollar section at Target)
- Candy: I used Jolly Rancher gummies in the shape of X’s and O’s (2 bags), Brach’s conversation hearts (1 bag), m&m’s (2 bags), and lastly Rolo’s were used for the bottle “lid”, kind of like a wine cork
- A gift tag – If you want the tag I created you can download the free printable here. All you will need to do is type or write in the names yourself.
So, now that you have all of your materials it’s time to assemble. First, empty each bottle to save for later. And you might as well pour yourself a glass for a treat while you work.
Next, rinse out each bottle and let them dry out upside-down while you move on to the next steps. Make sure the inside of the bottles are completely dry before adding the candy.
While your bottles dry, wrap the carton with wrapping paper to make it pretty. I’d recommend getting a less shiny wrapping paper than mine. The shinier your paper, the more it reflects light which shows every flaw in your wrap job. This step will probably take more time than any other step, just because it’s a little bit tricky to get the paper to lay right, especially on the sides of the carton. But don’t expect it to be perfect. This is for kids and all they care about is the candy!
If your bottles are dry by the time you have finished with the wrapping paper, you can go ahead and start filling them with candy. I filled mine in this order: XOXO Jolly Rancher Gummies on the bottom, then the Conversation Hearts in the middle, then M&M’s on top, and then use a Rolo as the bottle cap.
The next step is to tie on your gift tags. If you want to use mine you can download them for free here. You’ll just need to type or write in the names yourself. Print the tags out, tie them onto the bottle with some cute ribbon, and you’re done. What a special Valentines treat. ♥